Launch Day Pre-meeting info and norms
I know that the post titles are hard to read because they’re in black.. I’m sorry that I can’t change that no matter how hard I try. I will be re-writing the post title in the body 🙂
Hey GovReaders! Today is July 13th, the first meeting day. I’d like this blog post to be a place to come back to to look at norms.
If you’re here because it’s the day of the meeting and you can’t seem to get in, DM me or send me an email through the contact page! I will be checking them often. I’ll get you in!
Ok, Here are the norms to come back to, courtesy of Ms. Hitch:
1. Speak from your personal experience only.
2. If someone says something that is not your personal experience, ask clarifying questions but avoid telling them they are wrong.
3. Everyone is an individual, they are not here as a representative of their community.
4. If you get emotional, that is fine. But please turn your mic off and your camera off. We love you, we affirm you, but this is a conversation that is not necessarily about you. (Tears redirect attention from tough convos away from the convo and onto you.)
5. Share what you are comfy sharing only. If you don’t want to share, say no. If someone says no and you want them to share more, respect their decision.
6. If this cannot be honored, or we get zoom bombed, we will abort.
Thank you everyone! See you soon! Time to go update twitter 🙂